Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gardening

This week at our local MOPS my friend, Sarah, and I talked on gardening and cleaning. Spring is just around the corning and it is the prefect time to build some motivation. Since I have not talked in front of large groups for sometime, I was quite out of practice. So practice is what Sarah and I did for two days straight.

We have had great feedback and lots of moms are ready to "dig in" and grow a few green plants or try a homemade cleaner or two! I am sure some were bored to tears, but we have not heard from any of them:)

This is our eighth year doing a garden. We each have an area in our backyard for veggies and use our flower beds for lettuce and strawberries. I will start my tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers indoors this weekend. I know that the almanac says I can plant outdoors the first week in May, but I will wait until after Mother's Day. First, I hope that we will be in Taiwan the first week or before:) and I do not like to go cover my plants when there is a chance of frost.

Last year we added corn, I believe that we will continue that and will add a few new veggies to the list. Here is the list so far:

Tomatoes
Zucchini
Cucumbers
Green Beans
Peas
Onions
Potatoes
Green peppers
Pumpkins
Corn
Lettuce

This is a picture of my garden about 4 years ago. We were in control of the weeds at that point. I am hoping Ana will be the one controlling the weeds this year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment