Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One Month Gotcha Day

Today is Micah's one month gotcha day!  I told him the story of the day we got him, I cried, he just looked at me.  He is, of course, our son and God has planned him to be before he was even a thought in our mind.  It is amazing to look at him and know that he is finally here and forever part of our family.  On Sunday, Elliana asked if Micah could stay and always be her brother.  I said, "Yup, that is what adoption is."

We already have our three month post placement set, our social worker will come and ask us a bunch more questions.  We will need 10-15 pictures, I am sure I could give 50-60!  It is set for the end of July.  I think they are going from the May 26 date that I think may be the first final decree date.  I think are actual final decree date is June 21, but I am really confused as to when it is. 

Micah is six months old.  He is working on sitting up without front arm support, he can do it if I clap for him.  He can do his dadada, but not mamama, despite my best effort to teach him.  He pushes up on all fours, but not rocking.  I am not sure I am ready for a crawler yet!  He gives the biggest smiles when Chris comes home from work and says hi to him.  It is so sweet to watch.  I am with him ALWAYS so no chance for me to get that reaction:). 

Okay, just one family picture.

2 comments:

  1. Happy one month.. I hope things are going GREAT. Call me anytime!! We can meet up at a park or my place or yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that went by fast. Loved the card you sent us by the way. So cute. We have a card "wall" that we made and I just hung all the cards from Journey up there this morning. Can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete