Friday, June 4, 2010

What a week!

Monday was Memorial Day.  I usually call my grandfather on Memorial day and thank him for serving his country, but he passed away on May 26.  After the funeral, which I was not able to attend since it was in Nebraska, my grandma rode with my aunt and uncle back to Ohio.  They dropped her off at my home to spend the week with me.  This was the first time that she has been able to come to my house.  It has been so wonderful share stories and memories of my grandparents and hear stories about my grandpa that I never knew before.  Elliana took right to her and enjoyed the time together.  Andy was a little funny to watch as he would not get too close, but just keep a watchful eye on Grandma.  He eventually warmed up to her:)  We even made it to the zoo for an afternoon.

Also this week we were told to email AIT with a request for a date after June 18.  We did that the first second we were allowed!  This morning we received a message that said they would give us an appointment for two to three weeks from now.  That is great news!  The difficult part is that we can not buy plane tickets or anything like that because we do not know the exact date.  Hopefully, next week will be more informative.  We are so happy to have this news and now I am stop telling Elliana that is have no idea when Micah will be here.  Now I can say, "At the end of JUNE!"  It has not slowed down how many times a day she asks, but I do not think anything but having Micah home will.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news. I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to spend time with your Grandma, especially after not getting to go to the funeral. So excited that you guys are getting so close to brining Micah home!

    ReplyDelete