Monday, June 14, 2010

Prep Week

We are on the count down with only four days before we travel.  I made Chinese food, well cashew chicken, for dinner in my excitement.  I realize that we will only be eating Chinese food on our trip, but it is so good and I am so excited:) 
We have the packing list mostly done and the plans mostly done too.  Chris booked our hotel tonight.  We do not have a way to call internationally so I suggested Skye.  He said it was awesome and worked better than if he was on a real phone!  Free too, that's what I like.  However, while he was talking to the hotel people, my mom called to share bad news.  My step-dad's dad, Pop, passed away today.  This is only two and a half weeks after my mom's dad, Grandpa, passed away.  Thankfully, we will be able to make it to his funeral before we leave on Friday.    I guess God knew why were needed to fly out of Detroit more that we did.

2 comments:

  1. It is getting so close!I know you are super-excited! Can't wait to see you holding your son! Are you blogging while in Taiwan? Where are you staying (hotel)? Oh, you are going to have sooo much fun! Wish I was going with you! Don't worry-you can find other foods too. We had lots of Chinese food (which was yummy) but also ate at Kentucky Fried Chicken, Outback, Pizza Hut, and TGI Friday's all in Taipei. Lots to choose from there! And at the hotel we stayed in Taipei (the Westin) they have room service with tons of wonderful Western food--and it wasn't that expensive at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about another loss in your family. Glad that you will all be able to be together. Praying for your trip. Oh, and I want your recipe for cashew chicken. That sounds really good to me right now!

    ReplyDelete