Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all the Mammas and Moms-to-Be. Elliana and Andy gave me cards that they has made with Chris. At church they each made a painted pot and planted a flower in it. Elliana has said, "Happy Mother's Day" over and over to me.

Mother's Day has new meaning to me this year while thinking of Micah's birthmom. This special woman will always hold a place of honor in our hearts and we will continue to pray for her.

Often times when you hear someone say they are beginning the adoption process, you hear someone else say that Satan often attacks throughout this process. Someone recently asked us if we felt attacked and we said no with thankful hearts. Of course, I let down my guard. This week has been a little harder as it is going on four weeks of waiting for the social worker to complete Micah's report and turn it into the judge. I am trying to be patient, but it is getting more and more frustrating that I have no control. We also found out this morning that there may be a snag in a grant in which we applied.

In our small group we have been studying Romans, so we decided to take a spiritual gift assessments. Faith was my highest. So it was no surprise that I immediate thought that it is okay that our finances are not set, God just wants us to see His glory and power in real ways!

One last comment: Micah is four months old today!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you Natalie! I'm so sorry that you still have not heard anything about the social worker getting the paperwork done. It has definitely been in my prayers! I'm sorry too about the grant...I'll be praying for you for that too!! Hang in there my friend! We both will have our sweet babies in our arms soon!!!
    With love,
    Denice

    ReplyDelete