Monday, February 8, 2010

Another Step Complete

Today after Elliana's story time at our local library we headed to Columbus to get 12 documents State certified. We stopped at the outlet malls on the way to see if we could find snow pants that would fit Elliana. She had been wearing Andy for the last couple of snow falls and it was time for her to get her own. The kids did pretty good, Andy slept from the time from the library to the outlets.

After that we headed the rest of the way to Columbus. We did not have any issues at the Secretary of State and it did not take more that 20 minutes. Since we were in Columbus, I stopped to see my aunt and uncle. We stayed for afternoon and dinner. The kids did not do so well there. Elliana had not napped all day and was crying and whining because her blanket had been left in the car. We can not drive all the way up to my aunt's house, but are picked up in a vehicle that can handle a large hill, dirt roads, and 10 inches of snow. So she was upset about not being able to go get it and could not rest without it. Andy was running and having a grand time, never stopping. Once my cousins arrived, Andy loved playing with Lauren. She is a teacher and great with the kids! She helped distract them until dinner. When we finally left, both the kids fell asleep within three minutes and slept the two hours home!

On the quiet ride, I thought three kids, three and under- Am I crazy to think that I can do this? But God gave me such a peace and understanding that Micah is from Him and He will be glorified through this adoption and how I raise all three of my kids. That does not mean that we will not struggle with balancing time with all three or that sometimes it will be crazy, but I am not afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment