Saturday, January 16, 2010

THE BEST NEWS-baby boy

We are happy to introduce Micah, born January 9! Of course you want the story, so here it is. On Thursday at 5:00, the phone rang and I saw the area code. I knew it was Kate which made me a little nervous and excited. She shared that she had a referral for us and was emailing us his information. Chris was not home from work yet, but I could not wait so I opened the email just to take a peek:) Once Chris got home we rushed through the information and had to leave for Bible Study. Chris is the leader so we could not easily skip. I texted my parents on the way, so they would be the first to know of their 16th grandchild. Then we shared with our group that we were going to be parents to a newborn boy.



Friday, Kate called to hear what we had decided. We had no name picked out so we asked her to wait before emailing out to our pilot group. (Sorry group, she will email on Monday and send a picture.) We wanted to wait to tell everyone until we had a name, but I could not contain myself and told everyone we saw. I had planned a playdate on Friday so anyone who came heard.



Back to his name, we still had not had time to talk much about it. Well, Saturday morning we both said Micah it will be. Meanings of names are very important to Chris. Micah means "he who is like God".



Elliana and I went shopping and she picked out some pajamas for Micah. She loves jammies and usually wears them all day, every day. She was convinced that he had to have them. Everyone we passed on the way to checkout she told them that the pjs were for Micah. I can not wait for her to tell people tomorrow at church. She said that she was a baby brother, Micah, but he is far away. Andy has been extra clingy to me so I think he knows something is going on.



I will not be able to post a picture so if you would like, just send me an email and I will send you a peak too. Funny thing is, I have been mistake as Chinese (more than once). I don't know if you noticed, but I do not look Chinese. Several people have commented that he looks like Chris, who is not Chinese either.

4 comments:

  1. You really have no idea how happy I am for you guys, and for Micah!!!!!!!!!

    Blessings for you all!!
    Love, Denice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Congrats! I am sooooo happy for you!!!!!!!

    Tonya and Janie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! That is wonderful news! We would love to get a peek at the little guy. We need to skype with you guys soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited for you! And how precious that Elliana is so excited about her new baby brother! The time will fly and you'll be holding him before you know it!

    ReplyDelete