Monday, January 25, 2010

Before I knew you...

On Sundays, our community class just started studying Jeremiah. Such amazing little nuggets of wisdom God has spoken through our teacher in just two weeks! This week, along with the fact that it was Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, we looked at some pretty great verses:

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Psalms 139:13-16
You make all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! you workmanship is marvelous- and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. every day of my life was recorded in your book. every moment was laid out before a single day passed.

Isaiah 49:1,5
Listen to me, all of you in far-off lands! The LORD called me before my birth; form within the womb he called me by name... and Now the LORD speaks- he who formed me in my mother's womb to be his servant, who commissioned me to bring his people of Israel back to him. The LORD has honored me, and my God has given me strength.

John 15:16,19
You did not choose me; I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name...If you belonged to the world, it would love you as it loves it own. But I have chosen you out of the world, so you don't belong to it.

Galatians 1:15
But God had a special plans for me and set me apart for his work even before I was born.

I cannot help but praise God that He knew Micah before his birthmom knew of him and has called him to be part of me!

We have finished our acceptance paperwork and sent it off to our agency. From there it will head to Taiwan and hopefully get a fast court date. You can pray for one of Micah's roommate, his first court date is tomorrow morning (tonight in our time zone.)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and often especially true of our little ones brought home through adoption.

    Congratulations on your sweet boy ~

    blessings,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete