Sunday, December 13, 2009

Step-dads

My parents divorced when I was very young. I have no memory of living with my birthfather. God, in His great lovingkindness, provided a godly man for my mom to marry. On June 13, 2987, Bill and my mom married. We, my full sisters and I, have always called Bill, Bill. There were several reasons for this, we still saw my dad occasionally, that is how we were introduced, and other simple things like that. But Bill is who raised me and taught me to be who I am today. He walked me down the aisle, as he did with all four of his married daughters. Bill was never given the opportunity to adopt us officially, but I see him as my dad and love him so much. Thank you, Bill, for all you do for me.

For those interested here is a run down on siblings:
Kelly- step (Bill)-five girls, one adopted from Zambia two years ago.
Tina- step (Bill)-four girls, one boy
Shannon- full-one girl, two boys
Amber- full
Erica- half (dad)
Steven- half (dad)
Sam- Step (dad)
Garrett- step (dad)

Since this computer is not that old, I do not have a good picture of everyone, I will take one over Christmas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment