Tuesday, October 20, 2009

From the beginning

The first question people ask when they hear we are adopting is, "why". So I will start to share bits and pieces throughout the blog. God worked on our hearts separately before we even knew each other. I worked with orphans in the Ukraine for two summers and knew from the first time I saw a certain little boy that I would one day adopt a child. I will let Chris share his early desires of adoption later. Once we started dating and talked of family, we both said that we wanted to adopt. After we had Elliana we mentioned it again, but knew it wasn't the right time yet. After Andy was born, we both just started to move forward with talking to others about their journey and how to begin.
I have heard others say they could not love a child not biological as much. As horrible, but honest, as that is, I know WITHOUT A DOUBT, I have enough unconditional love for my adopted child and biological child. So has we wait to know our furture child, we pray.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie!! I'm so glad you started a blog! It's so much easier to see how else everyone is doing with one!! ;-)

    As to people telling you they could not love a non-biological child as much as their own...we have both! Three natural and one Supernatural, and I couldn't disagree with those people more!!!!! She may not "look" like us, but we ALL love her just as if she came to us biologically! You will feel the same I'm sure! I think people that don't have both, just assume they couldn't.

    I hope we both hear about news of our children soon! Praying for you guys!

    Blessings,
    Denice (fellow AGCI Taiwan family!

    ReplyDelete