Wednesday, June 23, 2010

AIT

On Tuesday morning we headed over to MorningLight, the unwed mother's home and office of Deana and her staff.  We recieved all of our documents for AIT and Micah's passport.  His little picture is so cute!  After that we picked up some rice box lunch and headed to airport to wait for our flight back to Taipei.  While we were eating, of course everyone was watching us.  Women love babies!!!  These three women came up and gave us some more food, but it was homemade and very good.  It was rice with pork and mushrooms wraped in leaves.  So fun to try homemade food! 
Micah slept the whole plane ride back and with lots of tuberlance that was a good thing.  After arriving back in Taipei we relaxed and checked out the area around the Westin, our hotel.  We are in the banking area so mostly banks are all you can see.  Michelle, you will be gland to know that we have had no problems getting food or around.  (She was worried about us.)
Micah slept from 8pm to 7 am, when I woke him to feed him.  Deana said that some babies handle stress by sleeping, I am thinking Micah may be one of those.  Chris is also that way!  He is bonding very well though.  He loves to hold our hands while falling asleep and loves to be touched.  He seems to love to play with Chris and be comforted my me, just like Elliana and Andy!
This morning we headed to AIT for our appointment at 9:00.  After changing their minds of what size visa picture they wanted we had to go print another size.  Otherwise we had no issues, very easy.  Micah's birthmom was required to come too.  It was good to see her again.  She was able to hold Micah one more time before being interviewed.  It was very short too, only 20 minute.  Some have taken 3 hours!  There were two other families adopting at the same time.  We exchanged information with one of them since they only live 15 minutes from my parents!  What fun!
The temperature was already around 95 degrees when we left.  We walked around Daan Park and melted in the heat.  It is a pretty park and the only green area in Taipei.  We found a fun little coffee shop and had lunch.  Maybe my favorite food here in Taipei! 
Micah is napping now, but his visa will be ready in 30 minutes.  We will head back to AIT to get it and then off to the Woodpecker Baby Store.  Others before us recommended it, and asked up to pick up a few things to bring back for them:)
This is Alexi (Deana's assistant), Michelle, and us at the MorningLight Home.



6 comments:

  1. So glad AIT went well! Praise God! Micah is too precious-love the pictures! It is nice to see Alexia in the picture too. I loved her when we traveled-but we never met Michelle. Love the picture of you in Morning Light home...it brought back memories. Hannah's Hope was not open yet, so Janie lived at Morning Light (with her buddy Harrison). I will never forget Deana walking thru that curtained doorway holding her-my heart has never been the same since!

    Enjoy Taipei--it is a city full of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that everything was going fine with you there^^ you know, I kept worrying about some "what-if" problems.(forgetting that you're adults and I'm just a teenager. you don't need to be worried :P) My senior high school is across from AIT, don't know if you saw it:) and one thing I would like to let you know(blush>///<) You are my first case actually. I know I didn't do a very good job(b/c sometimes I can't get what you mean and can't give you the satisfying answers), but I'm really happy to know you guys
    hope there is an opportunity that we can see each other one day^^

    For Tonya, I'd like to meet you:) I'm just a new member of Morning Light Home, but I really love it, I learn a lot as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like all is going just amazing!! Yay!! God is great!!! That picture of Micah with you both, Alexi and Michelle...I absolutely LOVE Micah's expression!!!! He's so animated! Such a little doll, I just want to kiss him! :-) Daan Park looks so beautiful! I REALLY can't wait to get over there and be able to bring Abi home. Thanks again for the pictures of her! Enjoy the rest of the time you have in Taiwan!!! And enjoy your time bonding with Micah! You guys are all so darn cute together!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you all are doing great! Micah looks so happy! Melvin will be glad to hear you are enjoying the food, too. :) Enjoy the last bit of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys! Fun to read your update. Sounds like you are enjoying exploring a new country...one that will probably now be extra special in your hearts. Loved all the pictures! Look forward to seeing you all in person in Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love him, love him, love him! SQUISH!
    Love, Nat

    ReplyDelete