Thursday, January 7, 2010

Still a little girl

We moved Elliana to a big bed when she had just turned two. That was the end of her great sleeping skills. She would get up several times a night and no longer go to sleep by herself. Well, now she is three and half and I was ready to break the habit of having to lie down with her until she fell asleep each night. We talked it up how she was going to turn into a big girl on Dec 27 and she would go to sleep by herself. We made up a bedtime list and hung it on her door to practice. She liked the list and but for the couple of weeks leading up to the big night, she would say, I am a little girl, please lay down with me.
When the night finally came, she said, all day, "Me little girl, not big girl." I told her she could stay a little girl, but she would still have to follow the new rules and I was not going to lay down with her. The first three nights, she only got up once before falling asleep. Then it was about three times. She is only getting up once in the middle of the night, but going right back to sleep when I return her to her bed.
Today after reading her stories for her nap, I thought I would take a five minute nap with her. She asked me to say a prayer with her and when we were done, she looked at me and said, "Me can't sleep with you in here, please leave." So I guess that is the end of that. I am a little sad to see it go, but happy she is sleeping better.
Andy, who has sleep through the night since 8 weeks, as started to wake during the night now. He usually goes back to sleep himself. He is still in the crib and hopefully stay there a long time! My guess is he still has his ear infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment